9 December 2017 | Tickets R280
Their vibrancy and energy are bound to get you up and out of your seat.
A South African Afro-fusion band that formed in 2002 in Cape Town, it’s members diversely hailing from South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
Their members include:
- Zolani Mahola - Lead vocalist
- Simon Attwell - Flautist, player of the mbira, saxophone and harmonica
- Peter Cohen - Drummer
- Kyla-Rose Smith - Violinist, backing vocalist
- Julio "Gugs" Sigauque - Lead guitar (steel-string acoustic guitar)
- Josh Hawks - Bassist, backing vocalist
- Seredeal "Shaggy" Scheepers - Keyboardist, percussionist, backing vocalist
Their unique style blends elements of traditional South African music; known as kwela and folk music alongside blues, jazz and indie rocks inspiration. Their live performances capture the emotion, passion and energy of their music; their tenacity and performance skills have always been seen as the bedrock of their popularity.
The first South African musical act honoured by MTV in receiving the MTV Europe Music Award for Best African Act in 2006. They have been awarded Best Duo or Group SAMA, winning Album of the Year as well as Best Adult Contemporary Album: English, and Best Engineer in 2007. Their acclaimed feature alongside Shakira in “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)” as the official song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup was a huge success. While continuing to push the boundaries of music and get their sound and message out there, especially with their recent single; Banana Republic.